Monday 31 August 2015

Deci-mat

           
WALT: understand place value of decimals using a deci-mat.
Screenshot 2015-08-27 at 1.49.47 PM.png1440627679474.3.jpg
1440627670619.2.jpg

To understand place values of decimal I played a game with Yazmin, Andrea, and Samuel. We all took turns rolling two types of dice. One dice had fraction on it and the other dice just had numbers on it.


In my first picture, 1 whole is divided into tenths. Andrea roll the dice and it land it on two tenths. The red represents two tenths.

In the second picture, 1 whole is divided into hundredths. I rolled the dice and it gave us seven hundredths. I colored it in with the colour yellow.

In the last picture, 1 whole is divided into thousandths. This time Yazmin rolled the dice and it landed on nine thousandths. The colour red represents nine thousands.

I found this game very easy because I had a good understanding of place values of decimals. I didn't find anything difficult. Next I will like to learn about percentages.

0 comments:

Post a Comment